Final Filing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant is a full-time position (40 hours per week) for our busy office. A public agency, CADA seeks a highly personable individual to provide administrative support to several managers/departments in the Administrative Office, including but not limited to the Executive Director, Office & Contracts Manager, Human Resources, and Accounting. Duties would include keeping calendars, scheduling meetings and travel, confidential filing and scanning, providing support for contract renewals, bids, job-walks, acting as a backup to the Board Secretary during committee and Board meeting, and other special duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge/abilities is qualifying. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The skills and attributes desired for this position include:
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks in assigned areas.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of contracts, bidding, and job-walks.
- Ability to produce minutes from meetings, including but not limited to Board committee meetings, public review committee meetings, and developer presentations.
- Ability to properly prepare, format and proofread correspondence and reports.
- Clear writing, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and a good vocabulary.
- A positive, professional, and customer-oriented attitude about CADA with coworkers, residents, and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone, or in person. Desire to continuously strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet expectations.
- Ability to research, compile, and analyze data for special projects, collect and assemble data and background materials, complete a variety of reports, and compose letters independently.
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Good interpersonal, listening, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, recognizing that good attendance, punctuality and the ability to get along with others in the workplace are important to the agency’s ability to perform its mission successfully.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain an organized work environment including assisting in creating and maintaining a logical and systematic electronic & physical filing system.
- Maintain mental and physical capacity which allows for ability to quickly analyze problems, anticipate requirements and needs, and propose solutions resulting in the effective performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
A complete job description can be obtained from the Human Resources Department. To apply, please download and complete the CADA Employment Application.