We hope that you enjoyed your stay with CADA apartments, and are sorry to see you go. In order to help your move-out go as smoothly as possible, we have prepared this guide to answer your questions about our move out procedure.
If you are planning to move out of your residence on any day other than your lease-end date, a 30-day notice to vacate is required to be submitted to CADA. This notice can either be mailed, emailed, faxed or dropped off at the CADA office using the colorful Leasing drop box located just outside the CADA office main entrance at the corner of 14th and P streets.
You can pick up CADA’s “Resident Notification of Move-Out” at the CADA office, write or email your own letter or download the form below. Please be sure to provide your name, CADA apartment address, intended vacate date as well as a forwarding address so that you don’t experience any unnecessary delays in receiving your final statement and any applicable security deposit refund check back to you.
When we have received possession of your unit, we will do a final move out inspection to determine what work will be billed as a deduction from your security deposit. This report will be compared to the move in report you were given when your lease began.
Deductions for repairs will be made for the following items existing at the time of move out (compared to your move-in report).
These damages include, but are not limited to:
- Holes in the walls in excess of normal wear and tear, including, but not limited to damage resulting from adhesives, nail holes, masking tape, hooks etc. (please do not spackle holes)
- Missing or damaged screens
- Damage to doors and windows
- Carpet Stains, rips, and tears
- Damage to carpet from pet waste. Pet waste can sometimes be permanent even with a vigorous carpet cleaning attempt.
To avoid deductions from your security deposit for cleaning, please clean your apartment as thoroughly as possible by following these cleaning guidelines.
- All surfaces including baseboards, molding, doors, etc cleaned of all dust, dirt and finger prints
- All closet shelves, doors, floors, cleaned and hangers removed
- All balconies and patios swept clean of leaves and dirt
- All light fixtures cleaned of dust, bugs and cobwebs
- All blinds cleaned of dust and dirt
- All vinyl floors swept clean of dirt, and thoroughly mopped, including edges and corners
- All carpets thoroughly cleaned free of stains, dirt, hair, trash and other debris. We recommend you hire a professional or allow us to complete this work and bill it to your deposit.
- All cabinet doors, shelves and drawers cleaned of crumbs, food, finger prints and grease.
- Refrigerator and freezer cleaned completely. All shelves, drawers, racks, exterior and top of the fridge should be free of crumbs, spills, dust, etc.
- Stove, broiler, oven and range hood cleaned of all grease, food and dirt.
- Dishwasher cleaned inside and out.
- All counter tops and appliance surfaces cleaned of dust and food, especially edges.
- Sink cleaned of any residue, stains and water spots. All chrome faucets should be cleaned to shine.
- Sinks, drains and faucets cleaned of soap residue and stains. Soap dish and holder thoroughly cleaned of any soap and or toothpaste residue.
- Toilet, base and tank cleaned
- Medicine cabinet, shelves, drawers and vanity cleaned. Mirrors cleaned of smudges and drips.
- Tub and shower cleaned of any soap residue and mildew.
Within 21 days from receiving possession of your apartment (receiving your keys or written notification from you that you have vacated), we will mail the final statement and notice of deposit return, itemizing specific deduction amounts. We will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding this report and the amount refunded.
If you have any additional questions regarding move out procedures please feel free to contact the leasing office.
* This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Please call CADA’s Administrative Office at (916) 322-2114 for any additional questions regarding the process of vacating or email email@example.com.