Final Filing Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Part Time (15-19 hours per week)
Salary Range: $11.00/hour + apartment
Reporting to the Resident Services Manager, the Resident Services Representative (RSR) performs duties relative to the monitoring and maintenance of CADA’s residential housing units, including:
- On-site porter/custodian for one residential building in downtown Sacramento.
- Assist/inform residents in the interpretation of policies/procedures of our housing programs.
- Maintain exterior and interior building areas.
- Respond to tenant and public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor the maintenance requirements and tenant relations of their assigned rental buildings; perform minor maintenance repair work as directed.
- Maintain interior and exterior areas by collecting and dumping trash, sweeping, raking, vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning surfaces.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade; some experience in property/apartment management. Experience performing minor repairs and maintenance preferred. Employees in this position must possess, or be able to secure, a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance.
A summary of the qualities desired for this position include:
- Ability to oversee, manage and monitor the maintenance requirements of residential buildings.
- Ability to oversee, manage and monitor the tenant relations of residential buildings; ability to resolve conflict and communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Practices and procedures for performing minor repairs and maintenance.
- Be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and have a strong customer service orientation.
- Physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships within the workplace.
- Absolute integrity and ethical values.
- Ability to live on site; work a flexible schedule, including on-call rotation
A complete job description can be obtained from the Human Resources Department.
Employee Assistant Program. Confidential counseling services to employees and dependents.
Parking. Uncovered parking free of charge. A nominal fee for covered/garaged spaces.
Created in 1978, CADA is a Joint Powers Authority between the State of California and the City of Sacramento. We are authorized to implement the plans and objectives of the Capitol Area Plan, a mixed-use plan for the management, development and disposition of state-owned property located directly south and east of the State Capitol and Capitol Park in the City of Sacramento. Legislation provides CADA the powers of a redevelopment agency for this area.
Our mission is to implement the residential and commercial components of the State’s Capitol Area Plan. We contribute to the vibrancy and diversity of the Capitol Park Neighborhood by managing existing properties and developing residential and retail projects in public/private partnerships.
CADA has an annual operating budget of approximately $10 million, with a total of 44 employees divided into the Administrative, Asset Management, and Development Services units. Our income comes from two sources: property tax increments and through the management of 750 residential units, 40 commercial leases, and 791 parking spaces.
All CADA employees are expected to adhere to the following organizational values: commitment, prudent stewardship, credibility, creativity, collaboration, and effectiveness.
Applications are accepted until July 11, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. Please include a CADA application with your resume and/or cover letter. You may download a CADA Employment Application here or pick one up and mail applications materials to:
Attn: Human Resources
1522 14th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Interviews will be held continuously until the position is filled. A screening committee will review your application materials. Those determined most qualified to proceed in the process will be contacted for an interview. CADA will conduct a thorough background investigation, including a drug and alcohol test, on final candidates.
CADA hires only US citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.